Canadian Police Clearance Certificate (PCC)
Surrey Fingerprinting Agency
This is an electronic capture of fingerprints through an optical scanner. We digitize fingerprints and submit them electronically to the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) for the purposes of Police Clearance Certificate (PCC). This prints is compared with their criminal record database. If nothing is found, the police services will issue a certificate showing a clear record otherwise convictions are listed. A transcript indicates either a clear record or lists convictions.
Who needs Police Clearance Certificate (PCC)
- Employment with Corporations and Agencies.
- Applicants for passports, Visas, Work Permits, Foreign travel and US Waiver.
- Pardon (Now called Record Suspension) applicants.
- International adoption applicants.
- Security license applicants/Name Change
- Permanent resident, immigration and citizenship applicants
Applicants must have two pieces of valid Government-issued identifications and out of which one must be a photo ID. All identifications must be current and are not expired. We recommend that you also bring with you a letter or file number from the requesting sources, if applicable. If your results should go to a third party, please also bring their proper address with you for correct mail delivery. The following are acceptable identifications:-
NOTE: One of the pieces of identification must be government-issued and include the applicant’s name, date of birth, signature and photo.
- Citizenship Card or Document
- Immigration Document ( Record of Landing)
- Birth Certificate
- Rivers License
- Permanent Resident card or Record of Landing for Citizenship Applicants
- Government ID
- Work Permits
- Student Permit
- BC Care Card
- Certificate of Indian Status
- Military Family ID card (MFID)
- Nexus Card
How to Check the Status of Your Fingerprints
We submit fingerprints digitally to the RCMP. If you have any questions related to the status of your result, please contact RCMP at CCRTIS-SCICTR@rcmp-grc.gc.ca