Frequently Asked Questions
- Who needs Digital Fingerprinting?
- How to Check the Status of Your Fingerprints?
- Federal or Other Jobs which need a security clearance.
- To Apply for various license applications example RCIC.
- Name Change application.
- Employment With Corporations And Agencies.
- Applicants For Passports, Visas, Work Permits, Foreign Travel, And Us Waiver.
- Pardon (Now Called Record Suspension) Applicants.
- International Adoption Applicants.
- Security License Applicants/Name Change
- Permanent Resident, Immigration, And Citizenship Applicants
Applicants must have two pieces of valid Government-issued identifications and out of which one must be a photo ID. All identifications must be current and are not expired. We recommend that you also bring with you a letter or file number from the requesting sources, if applicable. If your results should go to a third party, please also bring their proper address with you for correct mail delivery. The following are acceptable identifications:-
NOTE: One of the pieces of identification must be government-issued and include the applicant’s name, date of birth, signature, and photo.
- Citizenship Card or Document
- Immigration Document ( Record of Landing)
- Birth Certificate
- rivers License
- Permanent Resident card or Record of Landing for Citizenship Applicants
- Government ID
- Work Permits
- Student Permit
- BC Care Card
- Certificate of Indian Status
- Military Family ID card (MFID)
- Nexus Card
We submit fingerprints digitally to the RCMP. If you have any questions related to the status of your result, please contact RCMP at CCRTIS-SCICTR@rcmp-grc.gc.ca